Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bon Jovi gets better with every album




I have been a Bon Jovi fan since they were the long-haired band of 80's. I have been more and more devoted as the years have gone on because of the maturity and passion that comes in their music.

I hadn't thought much about Lost Highway at first - the first "new" song that I had heard from there (on the radio) I actually didn't like - I have now grown to love it, once I gave it it's respect! I would have to say it's the best to date!

I bought LOST HIGHWAY after seeing Jon and the band "unplugged" on some cable network show. They sang several songs from the album that I found to be very moving. These songs spoke to my life at that time - and I felt a deep connection to much of what he was singing. OK - that may sound cheesey - but it's true.

The songs included on the Album are:
Lost Highway - Wonderful song for those of us that have 'struggled' to find our way in this world and when you think you have it - ahh - great song!
Summertime - I recently moved to completely different part of the country, totally different climate than where I originate. I live among "Summertime" now - I love driving with the windows down in December with this song CRANKED - it's VERY liberating!!
(You Want To) Make a Memory - This is actually the song that I didn't like upon hearing it. It's 'quiet', soulful, somewhat acoustic. It's very thought-provoking once you listen to the lyrics.
Whole Lot of Leavin' - This is another song that makes a connection with my "new" life - Sometimes when I listen to songs - you have to wonder if they are written "from the heart/experience" or if the writers are just that, writers.
We Got It Going On(With Big & Rich)- Now HERE is a fun party song! You definitely can't go wrong with Big & Rich joining in on the fun!!
Any Other Day
Seat Next to You
Everybody's Broken
Till We Ain't Strangers Anymore (feat Leann Rimes) - this song ACTUALLY made me cry!! I saw Jon and Leann sing this duet, my goodness. Fabulous! It is a song that maybe some couples should take advice from!
The Last Night
One Step Closer
I Love This Town - Love where you are - where you live - where you come from!!

BUY THIS ALBUM!! You will NOT be sorry! It's a perfect mix of FUN, Love and Party! Jon and the Band can be very proud of this album!

0 comments: